Oct 12, 2010, 10:49 PM EDT
That noise you heard around 9:30 tonight was just the sigh of relief coming from Miami.
James left the Heat’s game against CSKA Moscow with 3:21 left in the third quarter showing a pronounced limp. He went back to the locker room and word spread that it was a hamstring injury (the same thing that has Dwyane Wade in civilian clothes right now, really expensive civilian clothes at that).
But the Heat later reported that it was nothing more than cramps and LeBron James is fine, something supported by a tweet from our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Despite it being nothing, LeBron will rest tomorrow night when the Heat take on the Hornets.
LeBron said after the game that he could be ready tomorrow. However, since this is preseason, what is the point? He will travel with the team (don’t think that’s just to see his buddy Chris Paul, nope, that’s not it at all).
James had 22 points in 26 minutes to start the game. Right now, with Wade resting and the ball more in LeBron’s hands, the Heat resemble more of last year’s Cavaliers offensively than whatever the team will become with Wade in the lineup.
Wade remains sidelined with his hamstring injury. Although he is doing well the Heat are taking no chances, it will likely be late next week before we see him back in a game.
The Heat may be giving their key players more run than other contenders such as the Lakers or Celtics, but that is because the Heat need to build up the chemistry those teams already have. However, they may have to consider pulling back.
CSKA Moscow — a traditional EuroLeague power — led most of the first half and it wasn’t until the final minutes until the Heat pulled away for the win. Former Duke star Trajan Langdon led Moscow with 20 points.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24