Oct 12, 2010, 10:49 PM EDT
That noise you heard around 9:30 tonight was just the sigh of relief coming from Miami.
James left the Heat’s game against CSKA Moscow with 3:21 left in the third quarter showing a pronounced limp. He went back to the locker room and word spread that it was a hamstring injury (the same thing that has Dwyane Wade in civilian clothes right now, really expensive civilian clothes at that).
But the Heat later reported that it was nothing more than cramps and LeBron James is fine, something supported by a tweet from our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. Despite it being nothing, LeBron will rest tomorrow night when the Heat take on the Hornets.
LeBron said after the game that he could be ready tomorrow. However, since this is preseason, what is the point? He will travel with the team (don’t think that’s just to see his buddy Chris Paul, nope, that’s not it at all).
James had 22 points in 26 minutes to start the game. Right now, with Wade resting and the ball more in LeBron’s hands, the Heat resemble more of last year’s Cavaliers offensively than whatever the team will become with Wade in the lineup.
Wade remains sidelined with his hamstring injury. Although he is doing well the Heat are taking no chances, it will likely be late next week before we see him back in a game.
The Heat may be giving their key players more run than other contenders such as the Lakers or Celtics, but that is because the Heat need to build up the chemistry those teams already have. However, they may have to consider pulling back.
CSKA Moscow — a traditional EuroLeague power — led most of the first half and it wasn’t until the final minutes until the Heat pulled away for the win. Former Duke star Trajan Langdon led Moscow with 20 points.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18