Oct 12, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
This is the season we find out for sure — is Andrea Bargnani ready to be a No. 1 offensive option?
Early preseason results are not positive.
He is just 2 of 17 from the floor this preseason, leading a Raptors offense that as a whole has struggled to put the ball in the hoop.
And with Chris Bosh gone, Bargnani is seeing other team’s top defenders — he had Kevin Garnett on him when it was the Celtics, he had Robin Lopez shadowing him against Phoenix.
Raptors coach Jay Triano told the Toronto Sun he was not worried, that Bargnani would come around.
“It’s like he’s catching it and trying to make something happen in a hurry,” Triano said. “The speed of the game which he saw this summer has probably changed a little bit so he just has to slow down a bit offensively.”
Triano is also counting on more rebounding from Bargnani as well, something that takes an aggressive nature Bargnani has not always shown.
It is going to be a tough year in Toronto regardless, but if Bargnani does not step up things will be even tougher.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29