Oct 11, 2010, 12:36 PM EDT
On the California ballot next month is a measure that would legalize marijuana use in the state. Not just medical marijuana, we’re talking flat out legalize. Which if passed (two recent polls had it leading, with younger voters supporting it overwhelmingly, across party lines) will lead to fun legal battles with the federal government. Your tax dollars hard at work.
Ron Artest doesn’t care. He’s not touching the stuff, he told Kevin Ding of the Orange Country Register.
“Even if they legalize marijuana, I won’t be smoking marijuana…”
Later Saturday night, Artest wrote via Twitter: “are they really going to legalize marijuana? … i hope not!! … its not cool kids might think its cool.”
Artest, like a lot of players as they get older in the league, realizes that taking care of their body means cutting back on some of the excesses of youth. You know, maturing.
Artest stopped drinking last January during the season, then this summer stopped he championship celebration in July. Artest has been known as a guy who likes to drink, but it turns out he’s a guy who wants to win more.
Going sober may be good for the hoops career, but can you be a credible hip-hop star and be sober? This may doom his rap career.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 5
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?