Oct 11, 2010, 7:17 PM EST
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo!, the Miami Heat have waived Mickell Gladness and Anthony Mason Jr.
Gladness, a shot-blocking specialist who played for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-League last season, only saw four total minutes of court time in the preseason.
Mason Jr., a 6-7 rookie forward and the son of former Heat player Anthony Mason, averaged 7.3 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in his senior year at St. John’s.
The Heat now have 18 players currently on their roster.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)