Oct 11, 2010, 7:17 PM EST
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo!, the Miami Heat have waived Mickell Gladness and Anthony Mason Jr.
Gladness, a shot-blocking specialist who played for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-League last season, only saw four total minutes of court time in the preseason.
Mason Jr., a 6-7 rookie forward and the son of former Heat player Anthony Mason, averaged 7.3 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in his senior year at St. John’s.
The Heat now have 18 players currently on their roster.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15