Oct 11, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo!, the Miami Heat have waived Mickell Gladness and Anthony Mason Jr.
Gladness, a shot-blocking specialist who played for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-League last season, only saw four total minutes of court time in the preseason.
Mason Jr., a 6-7 rookie forward and the son of former Heat player Anthony Mason, averaged 7.3 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in his senior year at St. John’s.
The Heat now have 18 players currently on their roster.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20