Oct 11, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo!, the Miami Heat have waived Mickell Gladness and Anthony Mason Jr.
Gladness, a shot-blocking specialist who played for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-League last season, only saw four total minutes of court time in the preseason.
Mason Jr., a 6-7 rookie forward and the son of former Heat player Anthony Mason, averaged 7.3 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in his senior year at St. John’s.
The Heat now have 18 players currently on their roster.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18