Oct 11, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Blazers guard/forward Rudy Fernandez has been fined $50,000 by the NBA because of comments his agent made in a letter sent to various Portland media members last week.
Courtesy of The Oregonian, here’s the letter Fernandez’s agent sent:
This morning I was at the radio 95.5 to address some of the issues that has been lately talked about Rudy Fernandez.
First of all, I don’t think anybody has the right to make fun or joking about a human being wishes and desires, and nobody can evaluate how fine or how sad a human being is being far from home, friends and culture. Nobody can blame any little thing about Rudy practice and attitude. He has been playing in every practice that he could.
He apologize to the staff and to the owner if anything he said hurted them during the summer. He said what he desire clearly in media day and he cannot say it again and louder because the NBA already fined him, but is clear which are his sensations. Also, as he said, isnot getting used to the NBA system, he likes the European style of game better.
In my personal opinion, NBA and the Union have to find new rules that adjust the relationships between NBA franchise and the rest of the world. Some situations like what Rudy is living, or some specific cases like the Draft for International players has no sense anymore.
I’m not sure how many hearts and minds that letter won over, but it did cost Mr. Darnes’ client a cool $50,000. Not a great moment in representation.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 30
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85