Oct 11, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Blazers guard/forward Rudy Fernandez has been fined $50,000 by the NBA because of comments his agent made in a letter sent to various Portland media members last week.
Courtesy of The Oregonian, here’s the letter Fernandez’s agent sent:
This morning I was at the radio 95.5 to address some of the issues that has been lately talked about Rudy Fernandez.
First of all, I don’t think anybody has the right to make fun or joking about a human being wishes and desires, and nobody can evaluate how fine or how sad a human being is being far from home, friends and culture. Nobody can blame any little thing about Rudy practice and attitude. He has been playing in every practice that he could.
He apologize to the staff and to the owner if anything he said hurted them during the summer. He said what he desire clearly in media day and he cannot say it again and louder because the NBA already fined him, but is clear which are his sensations. Also, as he said, isnot getting used to the NBA system, he likes the European style of game better.
In my personal opinion, NBA and the Union have to find new rules that adjust the relationships between NBA franchise and the rest of the world. Some situations like what Rudy is living, or some specific cases like the Draft for International players has no sense anymore.
I’m not sure how many hearts and minds that letter won over, but it did cost Mr. Darnes’ client a cool $50,000. Not a great moment in representation.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15