Oct 11, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Blazers guard/forward Rudy Fernandez has been fined $50,000 by the NBA because of comments his agent made in a letter sent to various Portland media members last week.
Courtesy of The Oregonian, here’s the letter Fernandez’s agent sent:
This morning I was at the radio 95.5 to address some of the issues that has been lately talked about Rudy Fernandez.
First of all, I don’t think anybody has the right to make fun or joking about a human being wishes and desires, and nobody can evaluate how fine or how sad a human being is being far from home, friends and culture. Nobody can blame any little thing about Rudy practice and attitude. He has been playing in every practice that he could.
He apologize to the staff and to the owner if anything he said hurted them during the summer. He said what he desire clearly in media day and he cannot say it again and louder because the NBA already fined him, but is clear which are his sensations. Also, as he said, isnot getting used to the NBA system, he likes the European style of game better.
In my personal opinion, NBA and the Union have to find new rules that adjust the relationships between NBA franchise and the rest of the world. Some situations like what Rudy is living, or some specific cases like the Draft for International players has no sense anymore.
I’m not sure how many hearts and minds that letter won over, but it did cost Mr. Darnes’ client a cool $50,000. Not a great moment in representation.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27