Oct 11, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Blazers guard/forward Rudy Fernandez has been fined $50,000 by the NBA because of comments his agent made in a letter sent to various Portland media members last week.
Courtesy of The Oregonian, here’s the letter Fernandez’s agent sent:
This morning I was at the radio 95.5 to address some of the issues that has been lately talked about Rudy Fernandez.
First of all, I don’t think anybody has the right to make fun or joking about a human being wishes and desires, and nobody can evaluate how fine or how sad a human being is being far from home, friends and culture. Nobody can blame any little thing about Rudy practice and attitude. He has been playing in every practice that he could.
He apologize to the staff and to the owner if anything he said hurted them during the summer. He said what he desire clearly in media day and he cannot say it again and louder because the NBA already fined him, but is clear which are his sensations. Also, as he said, isnot getting used to the NBA system, he likes the European style of game better.
In my personal opinion, NBA and the Union have to find new rules that adjust the relationships between NBA franchise and the rest of the world. Some situations like what Rudy is living, or some specific cases like the Draft for International players has no sense anymore.
I’m not sure how many hearts and minds that letter won over, but it did cost Mr. Darnes’ client a cool $50,000. Not a great moment in representation.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 44
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29