Oct 11, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer has what in layman’s terms is a “boxers fracture,” a break in the hand often associated with punching. Not tripping over a gym bag and breaking the fall with your hand, which is what Boozer told the Bulls and the press.
The Bulls are good with that, coach Tom Thibodeau told the Chicago Sun Times.
“From what I understand, there’s nothing to it,” coach Tom Thibodeau said of the report. “I spoke to [general manager] Gar [Forman on Sunday]. The team’s not looking into anything. He tripped over a bag and he got hurt. It’s a non-issue.”
Really, what’s the point of an investigation anyway? Poke around your new star’s personal life to piss him off, where you may or may not find anything? So you can take away some of his money with fines. Great plan. As Matt Moore said yesterday, what is the reason for suspicion in the first place — a bad negotiation with Cleveland six years ago? The fact he got injured since then, like most of the league? Give up people.
The Bulls were right to let it go. When they get him back they can start focusing and see if the Bulls can become the team everyone in the organization believes they can be.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'