Oct 11, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
After another Blazers center went down in camp, they needed another big body for practice — a guy not likely to make the team but one to run through drills and the like.
Hill is a 7’0” center out of Arkansas who played on the Blazers’ Summer League team back in 2008 and had a cup of coffee with the Thunder two seasons ago. He will not stick, he is there for camp only, but maybe he can jump start his hoops career again.
The Blazers need help at center after Jeff Pendergraph went down for the season with a torn ACL. Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla are both still out recovering from injuries.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 8
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29