Oct 11, 2010, 9:42 AM EST
After another Blazers center went down in camp, they needed another big body for practice — a guy not likely to make the team but one to run through drills and the like.
Hill is a 7’0” center out of Arkansas who played on the Blazers’ Summer League team back in 2008 and had a cup of coffee with the Thunder two seasons ago. He will not stick, he is there for camp only, but maybe he can jump start his hoops career again.
The Blazers need help at center after Jeff Pendergraph went down for the season with a torn ACL. Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla are both still out recovering from injuries.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8