Oct 11, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
After another Blazers center went down in camp, they needed another big body for practice — a guy not likely to make the team but one to run through drills and the like.
Hill is a 7’0” center out of Arkansas who played on the Blazers’ Summer League team back in 2008 and had a cup of coffee with the Thunder two seasons ago. He will not stick, he is there for camp only, but maybe he can jump start his hoops career again.
The Blazers need help at center after Jeff Pendergraph went down for the season with a torn ACL. Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla are both still out recovering from injuries.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20