Oct 10, 2010, 4:49 AM EST
Kyle Lowry missed Saturday’s game against the Indiana Pacers, and according to the Associated Press, he’s due to miss one more game — Houston’s match-up with Cleveland later tonight — before returning to the lineup for the Rockets.
An MRI revealed a bruise on Lowry’s right knee, and while that injury isn’t particularly serious, it warrants a few days’ break before the Rockets go on their week-long road trip to China next week. In the meantime, one would think that Mike Harris would be tabbed for more playing time. However, if Saturday’s game was any indication, the Rockets will instead fill in Lowry’s spot in the rotation with Courtney Lee and Kevin Martin sharing ball-handling responsibilities.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)