Al Harrington to miss two weeks with a foot injury, return just in time for the regular season opener
Oct 10, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The Denver Nuggets are already without their starting power forward from last season due to a knee injury, and now they’ll also lose their monumental off-season acquisition for the remainder of the preseason. Al Harrington was the one significant piece the Nuggets added this summer, but according to the Associated Press, they’ll be without his services for the next two weeks.
Harrington began limping during the Nuggets exhibition against the Blazers on Friday, and his injury actually turned out to be a partially torn plantar fascia. Not exactly the kind of thing you can fix with a band-aid. So Harrington will sit out for two weeks of action, putting him back into action just in time for Denver’s regular season opener on the 27th. Barring any complications with Harrington’s injury, the Nuggets won’t have to turn to Shelden Williams as the primary 4 in their first meaningful game of the season.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55