Oct 9, 2010, 4:42 PM EST
Al Harrington was brought in to Denver to provide some depth on the front line, to be the healthy big man while Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson get their bodies right.
So much for that plan.
Harrington will miss at least the rest of the preseason with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot, according to the Denver Post. Harrington was battling some pain in that foot already — he missed more than a month of training this summer because of it — but he suffered the tear Friday night, an MRI confirmed Saturday. It is supposed to keep him out two weeks, right up to the start of the season, but with the trouble he has had with that foot longer is possible.
Expect more of the Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman show in the preseason for the Nuggets. They just hope that show doesn’t get held over into the regular season.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 0
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 4
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 37
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18