Oct 9, 2010, 4:42 PM EST
Al Harrington was brought in to Denver to provide some depth on the front line, to be the healthy big man while Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson get their bodies right.
So much for that plan.
Harrington will miss at least the rest of the preseason with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot, according to the Denver Post. Harrington was battling some pain in that foot already — he missed more than a month of training this summer because of it — but he suffered the tear Friday night, an MRI confirmed Saturday. It is supposed to keep him out two weeks, right up to the start of the season, but with the trouble he has had with that foot longer is possible.
Expect more of the Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman show in the preseason for the Nuggets. They just hope that show doesn’t get held over into the regular season.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)