Oct 9, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Al Harrington was brought in to Denver to provide some depth on the front line, to be the healthy big man while Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson get their bodies right.
So much for that plan.
Harrington will miss at least the rest of the preseason with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot, according to the Denver Post. Harrington was battling some pain in that foot already — he missed more than a month of training this summer because of it — but he suffered the tear Friday night, an MRI confirmed Saturday. It is supposed to keep him out two weeks, right up to the start of the season, but with the trouble he has had with that foot longer is possible.
Expect more of the Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman show in the preseason for the Nuggets. They just hope that show doesn’t get held over into the regular season.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 4
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 48
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 27
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20