Oct 9, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Al Harrington was brought in to Denver to provide some depth on the front line, to be the healthy big man while Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson get their bodies right.
So much for that plan.
Harrington will miss at least the rest of the preseason with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot, according to the Denver Post. Harrington was battling some pain in that foot already — he missed more than a month of training this summer because of it — but he suffered the tear Friday night, an MRI confirmed Saturday. It is supposed to keep him out two weeks, right up to the start of the season, but with the trouble he has had with that foot longer is possible.
Expect more of the Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman show in the preseason for the Nuggets. They just hope that show doesn’t get held over into the regular season.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20