Oct 9, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
Al Harrington was brought in to Denver to provide some depth on the front line, to be the healthy big man while Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson get their bodies right.
So much for that plan.
Harrington will miss at least the rest of the preseason with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot, according to the Denver Post. Harrington was battling some pain in that foot already — he missed more than a month of training this summer because of it — but he suffered the tear Friday night, an MRI confirmed Saturday. It is supposed to keep him out two weeks, right up to the start of the season, but with the trouble he has had with that foot longer is possible.
Expect more of the Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman show in the preseason for the Nuggets. They just hope that show doesn’t get held over into the regular season.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 2
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 9
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 83
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20