Oct 9, 2010, 6:53 PM EDT
So this is a preseason game, which is why we can all laugh at this, even Sixers fans. Okay, maybe not Sixers fans. The Sixers and Nets played a preseason game this afternoon, and the Sixers ran away with it. They were up 17 in the fourth, and by 7 with 15.2 seconds left. A great way to get the first win of the preseason, right?
Yeah, you know where this is going.
The Nets proceeded to bomb three pointers while the Sixers missed free throws. And that’s how you lose a game. Well, that and Stephen Graham hitting a running three pointer to win it, 90-89. Preseason or no, yeesh.
That said, this is exactly the kind of thing you want to have happen in preseason. It teaches the club how to deal with late game situations. Like, for instance, as an example, don’t miss your free throws. Key point there.
In better news for the Sixers, Evan Turner finally showed up and looked like a #2 overall pick. 14 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 6 steals. Of course, on the other side is that Jrue Holiday has looked terrible through two games. It’s preseason, but 5 points, 3 turnovers, 2 assists isn’t going to get it done.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48