Oct 9, 2010, 6:53 PM EST
So this is a preseason game, which is why we can all laugh at this, even Sixers fans. Okay, maybe not Sixers fans. The Sixers and Nets played a preseason game this afternoon, and the Sixers ran away with it. They were up 17 in the fourth, and by 7 with 15.2 seconds left. A great way to get the first win of the preseason, right?
Yeah, you know where this is going.
The Nets proceeded to bomb three pointers while the Sixers missed free throws. And that’s how you lose a game. Well, that and Stephen Graham hitting a running three pointer to win it, 90-89. Preseason or no, yeesh.
That said, this is exactly the kind of thing you want to have happen in preseason. It teaches the club how to deal with late game situations. Like, for instance, as an example, don’t miss your free throws. Key point there.
In better news for the Sixers, Evan Turner finally showed up and looked like a #2 overall pick. 14 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 6 steals. Of course, on the other side is that Jrue Holiday has looked terrible through two games. It’s preseason, but 5 points, 3 turnovers, 2 assists isn’t going to get it done.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8