Oct 9, 2010, 6:53 PM EDT
So this is a preseason game, which is why we can all laugh at this, even Sixers fans. Okay, maybe not Sixers fans. The Sixers and Nets played a preseason game this afternoon, and the Sixers ran away with it. They were up 17 in the fourth, and by 7 with 15.2 seconds left. A great way to get the first win of the preseason, right?
Yeah, you know where this is going.
The Nets proceeded to bomb three pointers while the Sixers missed free throws. And that’s how you lose a game. Well, that and Stephen Graham hitting a running three pointer to win it, 90-89. Preseason or no, yeesh.
That said, this is exactly the kind of thing you want to have happen in preseason. It teaches the club how to deal with late game situations. Like, for instance, as an example, don’t miss your free throws. Key point there.
In better news for the Sixers, Evan Turner finally showed up and looked like a #2 overall pick. 14 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 6 steals. Of course, on the other side is that Jrue Holiday has looked terrible through two games. It’s preseason, but 5 points, 3 turnovers, 2 assists isn’t going to get it done.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17