Oct 9, 2010, 6:53 PM EDT
So this is a preseason game, which is why we can all laugh at this, even Sixers fans. Okay, maybe not Sixers fans. The Sixers and Nets played a preseason game this afternoon, and the Sixers ran away with it. They were up 17 in the fourth, and by 7 with 15.2 seconds left. A great way to get the first win of the preseason, right?
Yeah, you know where this is going.
The Nets proceeded to bomb three pointers while the Sixers missed free throws. And that’s how you lose a game. Well, that and Stephen Graham hitting a running three pointer to win it, 90-89. Preseason or no, yeesh.
That said, this is exactly the kind of thing you want to have happen in preseason. It teaches the club how to deal with late game situations. Like, for instance, as an example, don’t miss your free throws. Key point there.
In better news for the Sixers, Evan Turner finally showed up and looked like a #2 overall pick. 14 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 6 steals. Of course, on the other side is that Jrue Holiday has looked terrible through two games. It’s preseason, but 5 points, 3 turnovers, 2 assists isn’t going to get it done.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29