Oct 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Thursday night, three-time NBA All-Star Steve Francis was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Francis was taken into custody about 10 p.m. by airport police for resisting arrest, officials said.
He appeared intoxicated and became boisterous at one of the ticket counters, officials said. He was released after posting $10,000 bail early Friday.
Francis was the 2000 Rookie of the Year in the NBA and went on to play in three All-Star Games with Houston, although he was on generally poor teams that made the playoffs just one time. He also played in Orlando and New York. There had been talk of Francis playing in China but that did not come to pass.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)