Oct 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Thursday night, three-time NBA All-Star Steve Francis was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Francis was taken into custody about 10 p.m. by airport police for resisting arrest, officials said.
He appeared intoxicated and became boisterous at one of the ticket counters, officials said. He was released after posting $10,000 bail early Friday.
Francis was the 2000 Rookie of the Year in the NBA and went on to play in three All-Star Games with Houston, although he was on generally poor teams that made the playoffs just one time. He also played in Orlando and New York. There had been talk of Francis playing in China but that did not come to pass.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3