Oct 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Thursday night, three-time NBA All-Star Steve Francis was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Francis was taken into custody about 10 p.m. by airport police for resisting arrest, officials said.
He appeared intoxicated and became boisterous at one of the ticket counters, officials said. He was released after posting $10,000 bail early Friday.
Francis was the 2000 Rookie of the Year in the NBA and went on to play in three All-Star Games with Houston, although he was on generally poor teams that made the playoffs just one time. He also played in Orlando and New York. There had been talk of Francis playing in China but that did not come to pass.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5