Oct 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Thursday night, three-time NBA All-Star Steve Francis was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Francis was taken into custody about 10 p.m. by airport police for resisting arrest, officials said.
He appeared intoxicated and became boisterous at one of the ticket counters, officials said. He was released after posting $10,000 bail early Friday.
Francis was the 2000 Rookie of the Year in the NBA and went on to play in three All-Star Games with Houston, although he was on generally poor teams that made the playoffs just one time. He also played in Orlando and New York. There had been talk of Francis playing in China but that did not come to pass.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4