Oct 8, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
UPDATE 6:00 pm: Rick Carlisle has been released from the hospital, according to the Associated Press. That is certainly a good sign. The same report says the Mavericks are not saying if Carlisle, 50, will accompany the team to California.
UPDATE 3:49 pm: Art Garcia of NBA.com spoke to Carlisle and tweeted the coach said he was doing fine. He added that Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson said it was “highly unlikely” that Carlisle would make the trip out, but that the doctors get the final say. You would think the doctors would tell him to take a day off, but I don’t even have a medical degree from Haiti so my opinion may not be the most sound one.
1:12 pm: Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle collapsed on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice today and has been raced to a local hospital.
That according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning news, who said it is not known what happened to Carlisle. The report says he was moving his arms and was alert as he was loaded into the stretcher and into the ambulance.
The team’s practice was halted and the players moved to the weight room.
The Mavericks have a scheduled exhibition game Saturday in Indian Wells (the Palm Springs area) out in California, the annual outdoor game played against the Phoenix Suns at the tennis facility there. The team is scheduled to fly out today, team officials are unsure if Carlisle will join them.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)