Oct 8, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE 6:00 pm: Rick Carlisle has been released from the hospital, according to the Associated Press. That is certainly a good sign. The same report says the Mavericks are not saying if Carlisle, 50, will accompany the team to California.
UPDATE 3:49 pm: Art Garcia of NBA.com spoke to Carlisle and tweeted the coach said he was doing fine. He added that Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson said it was “highly unlikely” that Carlisle would make the trip out, but that the doctors get the final say. You would think the doctors would tell him to take a day off, but I don’t even have a medical degree from Haiti so my opinion may not be the most sound one.
1:12 pm: Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle collapsed on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice today and has been raced to a local hospital.
That according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning news, who said it is not known what happened to Carlisle. The report says he was moving his arms and was alert as he was loaded into the stretcher and into the ambulance.
The team’s practice was halted and the players moved to the weight room.
The Mavericks have a scheduled exhibition game Saturday in Indian Wells (the Palm Springs area) out in California, the annual outdoor game played against the Phoenix Suns at the tennis facility there. The team is scheduled to fly out today, team officials are unsure if Carlisle will join them.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 1
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?