Oct 8, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
UPDATE 6:00 pm: Rick Carlisle has been released from the hospital, according to the Associated Press. That is certainly a good sign. The same report says the Mavericks are not saying if Carlisle, 50, will accompany the team to California.
UPDATE 3:49 pm: Art Garcia of NBA.com spoke to Carlisle and tweeted the coach said he was doing fine. He added that Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson said it was “highly unlikely” that Carlisle would make the trip out, but that the doctors get the final say. You would think the doctors would tell him to take a day off, but I don’t even have a medical degree from Haiti so my opinion may not be the most sound one.
1:12 pm: Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle collapsed on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice today and has been raced to a local hospital.
That according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning news, who said it is not known what happened to Carlisle. The report says he was moving his arms and was alert as he was loaded into the stretcher and into the ambulance.
The team’s practice was halted and the players moved to the weight room.
The Mavericks have a scheduled exhibition game Saturday in Indian Wells (the Palm Springs area) out in California, the annual outdoor game played against the Phoenix Suns at the tennis facility there. The team is scheduled to fly out today, team officials are unsure if Carlisle will join them.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18