Oct 8, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
Rick Carlisle was in good spirits, joking as he left the hospital Friday afternoon just hours after passing out on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice.
After he left the hospital he went back to work. Yes, I’m serious.
NBA coaches are serious workaholics.
Carlisle spoke to ESPN radio, as reported by Mike Fisher At Dallas Basketball.com.
“I feel great now,’’ he said, adding on Friday afternoon “I’ve back in the office (working) for two hours.’’
Carlisle fainted at the Mavs workout on Friday and notes that he “felt a little lightheaded … and before I knew it, they were pulling me out of there in a stretcher. Everything was negative (in terms of medical tests). … I’m fine.’’
Carlisle, speaking on ESPN Radio, said, he is “going to sit this one out (not coach on Saturday) but I’ll be back with them Monday. I’ll be back up tomorrow morning working out again.’’
“I’m not too disappointed not to be there,’’ he kidded, “with Dirk and Jet not playing tomorrow night.’’
Tomorrow night the Mavericks take on the Phoenix Suns in the annual outdoor game at the tennis center in Indian Wells, near Palm Springs, in California.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17