Oct 8, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
Rick Carlisle was in good spirits, joking as he left the hospital Friday afternoon just hours after passing out on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice.
After he left the hospital he went back to work. Yes, I’m serious.
NBA coaches are serious workaholics.
Carlisle spoke to ESPN radio, as reported by Mike Fisher At Dallas Basketball.com.
“I feel great now,’’ he said, adding on Friday afternoon “I’ve back in the office (working) for two hours.’’
Carlisle fainted at the Mavs workout on Friday and notes that he “felt a little lightheaded … and before I knew it, they were pulling me out of there in a stretcher. Everything was negative (in terms of medical tests). … I’m fine.’’
Carlisle, speaking on ESPN Radio, said, he is “going to sit this one out (not coach on Saturday) but I’ll be back with them Monday. I’ll be back up tomorrow morning working out again.’’
“I’m not too disappointed not to be there,’’ he kidded, “with Dirk and Jet not playing tomorrow night.’’
Tomorrow night the Mavericks take on the Phoenix Suns in the annual outdoor game at the tennis center in Indian Wells, near Palm Springs, in California.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13