Oct 8, 2010, 7:52 PM EST
Rick Carlisle was in good spirits, joking as he left the hospital Friday afternoon just hours after passing out on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice.
After he left the hospital he went back to work. Yes, I’m serious.
NBA coaches are serious workaholics.
Carlisle spoke to ESPN radio, as reported by Mike Fisher At Dallas Basketball.com.
“I feel great now,’’ he said, adding on Friday afternoon “I’ve back in the office (working) for two hours.’’
Carlisle fainted at the Mavs workout on Friday and notes that he “felt a little lightheaded … and before I knew it, they were pulling me out of there in a stretcher. Everything was negative (in terms of medical tests). … I’m fine.’’
Carlisle, speaking on ESPN Radio, said, he is “going to sit this one out (not coach on Saturday) but I’ll be back with them Monday. I’ll be back up tomorrow morning working out again.’’
“I’m not too disappointed not to be there,’’ he kidded, “with Dirk and Jet not playing tomorrow night.’’
Tomorrow night the Mavericks take on the Phoenix Suns in the annual outdoor game at the tennis center in Indian Wells, near Palm Springs, in California.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9