Oct 8, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
Rick Carlisle was in good spirits, joking as he left the hospital Friday afternoon just hours after passing out on the court during a Dallas Mavericks practice.
After he left the hospital he went back to work. Yes, I’m serious.
NBA coaches are serious workaholics.
Carlisle spoke to ESPN radio, as reported by Mike Fisher At Dallas Basketball.com.
“I feel great now,’’ he said, adding on Friday afternoon “I’ve back in the office (working) for two hours.’’
Carlisle fainted at the Mavs workout on Friday and notes that he “felt a little lightheaded … and before I knew it, they were pulling me out of there in a stretcher. Everything was negative (in terms of medical tests). … I’m fine.’’
Carlisle, speaking on ESPN Radio, said, he is “going to sit this one out (not coach on Saturday) but I’ll be back with them Monday. I’ll be back up tomorrow morning working out again.’’
“I’m not too disappointed not to be there,’’ he kidded, “with Dirk and Jet not playing tomorrow night.’’
Tomorrow night the Mavericks take on the Phoenix Suns in the annual outdoor game at the tennis center in Indian Wells, near Palm Springs, in California.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10