Oct 8, 2010, 7:20 AM EDT
Jeff Teague may have found his dog.
That means Mike Bibby job is in jeopardy.
Through the summer it was coach Larry Drew and staff, at camp it has been Joe Johnson and everyone on the roster telling Teague to be more aggressive. Maybe it has sunk in.
In the Hawks first preseason game Teague let the dog out and the result was 20 points on 8 of 13 shooting, plus he dropped six dimes.
Bibby started and had two points and one assist in 22 minutes.
One preseason game does not a season make, but this is the direction the Hawks want this to go. Need this to go. The Hawks need better play at the point to make any move this season and Teague can give it to them. Bibby cannot, unless he has a time machine that can take him back to get the 2002 Bibby.
Teague is the future. And if he keeps the dog around this preseason the future may be now.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11