Oct 8, 2010, 7:20 AM EDT
Jeff Teague may have found his dog.
That means Mike Bibby job is in jeopardy.
Through the summer it was coach Larry Drew and staff, at camp it has been Joe Johnson and everyone on the roster telling Teague to be more aggressive. Maybe it has sunk in.
In the Hawks first preseason game Teague let the dog out and the result was 20 points on 8 of 13 shooting, plus he dropped six dimes.
Bibby started and had two points and one assist in 22 minutes.
One preseason game does not a season make, but this is the direction the Hawks want this to go. Need this to go. The Hawks need better play at the point to make any move this season and Teague can give it to them. Bibby cannot, unless he has a time machine that can take him back to get the 2002 Bibby.
Teague is the future. And if he keeps the dog around this preseason the future may be now.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18