Oct 8, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
Josh Smith has scared a lot of rims in his time, it seems only fair that one of them fought back.
The dynamic Atlanta Hawks forward will be out for a week after cutting his hand on a rim, tweeted Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. He said it happened in the preseason game against Memphis. We would rather believe it happened on one of his huge dunks.
This is the preseason, take the time, let it rest and heal. If these games mattered, you could bet he would be back faster.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7