Oct 8, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
Welcome to our new flat. You like?
A lot of smart people at NBC worked long and hard to come up with a new look for this blog that matches the recently redesigned NBCSports.com site. The carpet matches the drapes now, if you will. What’s more, the PBT team is pumped because some back-of-the-house tinkering makes our jobs easier, gives us better control over the comments and generally just rocks.
Let me go MTV Cribs and show you around.
The biggest change for you, dear reader, is that when you want to comment, you have to register now. I know, I know, not everybody is down with that. Sorry. Just register once and it is over with, and we promise not to sell your information to the Sacramento Kings season ticket sales office.
The fact is that we love the robust discussion on many of the posts — and will be playing along more — but there were some things that needed to be cleaned up. Some things dragging the comments down. No longer.
And yes, you now have to click a link to read all of any story. Not everyone loves that. Frankly I think it makes the site look a lot cleaner and less gray. Sure, we would like a hit count bump too, but the new look is really about helping you find the stories you want to read faster.
Up at the top of the page now is the “Top Posts” where you can find the big stories instantly. Underneath will be the usual fast flow of everything NBA, from games to Russian Billionaires getting vodka sponsorships for their teams. You know, the important stuff.
If you see a post you like, you can now tweet it or get it on Facebook with a click. Whatever you think of Mark Zuckerberg. Same with one click to twitter. You can also send us an email in the tips/feedback area.
That’s it for now. Just make yourself at home. Take your shoes off and put your feet up. It’s not just our place, it’s yours too.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15