Oct 8, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
If you are a center for the Portland Trail Blazers, just make sure your health insurance is fully paid up.
Portland’s second year center Jeff Pendergraph injured his knee and had to leave the court in a wheelchair during the Blazers preseason game against Utah Thursday.
We’ll find out Friday how serious it was on Friday.
It looked bad — Kyrylo Fesenko drove on him and scored and it was one of those injuries where instantly other Blazers player started signaling for the trainer, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. A wheelchair was brought out to take him off the court, with his leg extended.
Pendergraph tweeted later that night it was not that serious.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Gonna b heading back to Portland tomorrow to get checked out by doc but so far word is nothing major…
He will have an MRI Friday and the doctors will have the final say in how serious it really was. He certainly will not play in the Blazers preseason game Friday against the Nuggets. After that, we will see.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 29
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5