Oct 8, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
If you are a center for the Portland Trail Blazers, just make sure your health insurance is fully paid up.
Portland’s second year center Jeff Pendergraph injured his knee and had to leave the court in a wheelchair during the Blazers preseason game against Utah Thursday.
We’ll find out Friday how serious it was on Friday.
It looked bad — Kyrylo Fesenko drove on him and scored and it was one of those injuries where instantly other Blazers player started signaling for the trainer, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. A wheelchair was brought out to take him off the court, with his leg extended.
Pendergraph tweeted later that night it was not that serious.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Gonna b heading back to Portland tomorrow to get checked out by doc but so far word is nothing major…
He will have an MRI Friday and the doctors will have the final say in how serious it really was. He certainly will not play in the Blazers preseason game Friday against the Nuggets. After that, we will see.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6