Oct 7, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
We made note of it as did many other outlets — Yao Ming played 12 minutes in the Rockets first preseason game then came out with a slight limp. On a guy who just missed an entire season after foot surgery, it’s a concern.
With Yao still working his way back after 15 months off the court and running slightly differently with the changes to his foot, he gets stiff and sometimes sore in his right hamstring and backside with strenuous workouts…
“I feel OK,” Yao said. “Maybe I set my goal too low, but it’s better than that. I think I can run well on the court. No soreness. Pain free. It was way better than I thought.”
The Rockets leave for a series of games in China next week, where Yao will be front and center — and probably wanting to play as much as his body allows. Up to 24 minutes, anyway.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 1
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6