Oct 7, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
We made note of it as did many other outlets — Yao Ming played 12 minutes in the Rockets first preseason game then came out with a slight limp. On a guy who just missed an entire season after foot surgery, it’s a concern.
With Yao still working his way back after 15 months off the court and running slightly differently with the changes to his foot, he gets stiff and sometimes sore in his right hamstring and backside with strenuous workouts…
“I feel OK,” Yao said. “Maybe I set my goal too low, but it’s better than that. I think I can run well on the court. No soreness. Pain free. It was way better than I thought.”
The Rockets leave for a series of games in China next week, where Yao will be front and center — and probably wanting to play as much as his body allows. Up to 24 minutes, anyway.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22