Oct 7, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
We made note of it as did many other outlets — Yao Ming played 12 minutes in the Rockets first preseason game then came out with a slight limp. On a guy who just missed an entire season after foot surgery, it’s a concern.
With Yao still working his way back after 15 months off the court and running slightly differently with the changes to his foot, he gets stiff and sometimes sore in his right hamstring and backside with strenuous workouts…
“I feel OK,” Yao said. “Maybe I set my goal too low, but it’s better than that. I think I can run well on the court. No soreness. Pain free. It was way better than I thought.”
The Rockets leave for a series of games in China next week, where Yao will be front and center — and probably wanting to play as much as his body allows. Up to 24 minutes, anyway.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15