Oct 7, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
We made note of it as did many other outlets — Yao Ming played 12 minutes in the Rockets first preseason game then came out with a slight limp. On a guy who just missed an entire season after foot surgery, it’s a concern.
With Yao still working his way back after 15 months off the court and running slightly differently with the changes to his foot, he gets stiff and sometimes sore in his right hamstring and backside with strenuous workouts…
“I feel OK,” Yao said. “Maybe I set my goal too low, but it’s better than that. I think I can run well on the court. No soreness. Pain free. It was way better than I thought.”
The Rockets leave for a series of games in China next week, where Yao will be front and center — and probably wanting to play as much as his body allows. Up to 24 minutes, anyway.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)