Oct 7, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Apparently Ron Artest is tired of seeing his name on ProBasketballTalk and wants to see his name on ProFootballTalk.
After I’m done with my basketball career, I want to box and I wanna play football -probably tight end position. I’ve been training for three years for boxing. Probably after this contract, I’ll probably do football first and then boxing. I’m definitely serious about those two things I wanna do. I wish I could do it now.
It really is amazing how many NBA players think they could play in the NFL if they set their mind to it. Certainly some could — and Artest might be one of them. In locker rooms filled with long and lean hoopsters Artest is built like a weak side linebacker, he stands out.
But the percentage of NBA ballers who think they could play football is pretty high and out of line with reality. Just like the number of pudgy guys sitting behind corporate desks who think they could make the senior golf tour if they would just go out and hit 500 balls a day starting now.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6