Oct 7, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
Apparently Ron Artest is tired of seeing his name on ProBasketballTalk and wants to see his name on ProFootballTalk.
After I’m done with my basketball career, I want to box and I wanna play football -probably tight end position. I’ve been training for three years for boxing. Probably after this contract, I’ll probably do football first and then boxing. I’m definitely serious about those two things I wanna do. I wish I could do it now.
It really is amazing how many NBA players think they could play in the NFL if they set their mind to it. Certainly some could — and Artest might be one of them. In locker rooms filled with long and lean hoopsters Artest is built like a weak side linebacker, he stands out.
But the percentage of NBA ballers who think they could play football is pretty high and out of line with reality. Just like the number of pudgy guys sitting behind corporate desks who think they could make the senior golf tour if they would just go out and hit 500 balls a day starting now.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1