Oct 7, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Apparently Ron Artest is tired of seeing his name on ProBasketballTalk and wants to see his name on ProFootballTalk.
After I’m done with my basketball career, I want to box and I wanna play football -probably tight end position. I’ve been training for three years for boxing. Probably after this contract, I’ll probably do football first and then boxing. I’m definitely serious about those two things I wanna do. I wish I could do it now.
It really is amazing how many NBA players think they could play in the NFL if they set their mind to it. Certainly some could — and Artest might be one of them. In locker rooms filled with long and lean hoopsters Artest is built like a weak side linebacker, he stands out.
But the percentage of NBA ballers who think they could play football is pretty high and out of line with reality. Just like the number of pudgy guys sitting behind corporate desks who think they could make the senior golf tour if they would just go out and hit 500 balls a day starting now.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70