Oct 7, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Apparently Ron Artest is tired of seeing his name on ProBasketballTalk and wants to see his name on ProFootballTalk.
After I’m done with my basketball career, I want to box and I wanna play football -probably tight end position. I’ve been training for three years for boxing. Probably after this contract, I’ll probably do football first and then boxing. I’m definitely serious about those two things I wanna do. I wish I could do it now.
It really is amazing how many NBA players think they could play in the NFL if they set their mind to it. Certainly some could — and Artest might be one of them. In locker rooms filled with long and lean hoopsters Artest is built like a weak side linebacker, he stands out.
But the percentage of NBA ballers who think they could play football is pretty high and out of line with reality. Just like the number of pudgy guys sitting behind corporate desks who think they could make the senior golf tour if they would just go out and hit 500 balls a day starting now.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8