Oct 7, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
In this economy, sponsorships for NBA teams are hard to come by. Teams are looking everywhere for new markets.
Say, for example, Russia. And the hard liquor market there.
He adds that new Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov may be used in an advertising campaign for the vodka.
Frankly, Nets fans could have used some vodka to numb the pain during last season, not this one. They hope.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37