Oct 7, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
In this economy, sponsorships for NBA teams are hard to come by. Teams are looking everywhere for new markets.
Say, for example, Russia. And the hard liquor market there.
He adds that new Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov may be used in an advertising campaign for the vodka.
Frankly, Nets fans could have used some vodka to numb the pain during last season, not this one. They hope.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14