Oct 7, 2010, 6:27 PM EST
In this economy, sponsorships for NBA teams are hard to come by. Teams are looking everywhere for new markets.
Say, for example, Russia. And the hard liquor market there.
He adds that new Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov may be used in an advertising campaign for the vodka.
Frankly, Nets fans could have used some vodka to numb the pain during last season, not this one. They hope.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)