Oct 7, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
In this economy, sponsorships for NBA teams are hard to come by. Teams are looking everywhere for new markets.
Say, for example, Russia. And the hard liquor market there.
He adds that new Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov may be used in an advertising campaign for the vodka.
Frankly, Nets fans could have used some vodka to numb the pain during last season, not this one. They hope.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9