Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EST
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 6
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11