Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70