Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EST
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29