Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39