Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13