Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 1
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 55
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 62
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 21
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30