Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 12
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 2
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16