Oct 7, 2010, 10:25 PM EST
Lingering back issues continue to plague Delonte West this preseason despite playing well for the Celtics in a game against the Nets.
West played 18 strong minutes — 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, six rebounds and three assists. It’s the kind of production that — along with the spotty hot nights from Nate Robinson — could give Boston depth at the guard spot they did not have last season.
But West had to go to the training room after his run with a sore back. Remember on Monday West had to miss practice with back spasms.
Those can be lingering issues. Best to give him lots of rest now so he is healthy when the season comes.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 6
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 8
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19