Oct 6, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Suddenly, guards getting preseason hamstring injuries is the trend. Guys — just because they are doing it in Miami doesn’t mean you have to.
T.J Ford will be out at least a week with a hamstring injury, according to the Indianapolis Star.He will not suit up in the team’s preseason opener against the Grizzlies tonight.
This would have been a bigger deal a year ago, but with Darren Collison getting the lion’s share of PG minutes now in Indy, Ford is relegated to the backup role.
Still (just like that guy in Miami), best to really be cautious and rest this, rather than reaggravate it and have a lingering issue going into the season. It’s the preseason, or need to race back.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36