Oct 6, 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Suddenly, guards getting preseason hamstring injuries is the trend. Guys — just because they are doing it in Miami doesn’t mean you have to.
T.J Ford will be out at least a week with a hamstring injury, according to the Indianapolis Star.He will not suit up in the team’s preseason opener against the Grizzlies tonight.
This would have been a bigger deal a year ago, but with Darren Collison getting the lion’s share of PG minutes now in Indy, Ford is relegated to the backup role.
Still (just like that guy in Miami), best to really be cautious and rest this, rather than reaggravate it and have a lingering issue going into the season. It’s the preseason, or need to race back.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14