Oct 6, 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Suddenly, guards getting preseason hamstring injuries is the trend. Guys — just because they are doing it in Miami doesn’t mean you have to.
T.J Ford will be out at least a week with a hamstring injury, according to the Indianapolis Star.He will not suit up in the team’s preseason opener against the Grizzlies tonight.
This would have been a bigger deal a year ago, but with Darren Collison getting the lion’s share of PG minutes now in Indy, Ford is relegated to the backup role.
Still (just like that guy in Miami), best to really be cautious and rest this, rather than reaggravate it and have a lingering issue going into the season. It’s the preseason, or need to race back.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54