Oct 6, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Suddenly, guards getting preseason hamstring injuries is the trend. Guys — just because they are doing it in Miami doesn’t mean you have to.
T.J Ford will be out at least a week with a hamstring injury, according to the Indianapolis Star.He will not suit up in the team’s preseason opener against the Grizzlies tonight.
This would have been a bigger deal a year ago, but with Darren Collison getting the lion’s share of PG minutes now in Indy, Ford is relegated to the backup role.
Still (just like that guy in Miami), best to really be cautious and rest this, rather than reaggravate it and have a lingering issue going into the season. It’s the preseason, or need to race back.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4