Oct 6, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Suddenly, guards getting preseason hamstring injuries is the trend. Guys — just because they are doing it in Miami doesn’t mean you have to.
T.J Ford will be out at least a week with a hamstring injury, according to the Indianapolis Star.He will not suit up in the team’s preseason opener against the Grizzlies tonight.
This would have been a bigger deal a year ago, but with Darren Collison getting the lion’s share of PG minutes now in Indy, Ford is relegated to the backup role.
Still (just like that guy in Miami), best to really be cautious and rest this, rather than reaggravate it and have a lingering issue going into the season. It’s the preseason, or need to race back.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49