Oct 6, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:45 pm: The news is bad — a torn Achilles, which means surgery and 5 to 6 months of recovery, according to a tweet from the official Detroit Pistons account.
That will have the second year forward back sometime after the All-Star break.
8:40 am: Jonas Jerebko got the start for the Pistons at the four in their first preseason game. Not Jason Maxiel or Charlie Villanueva, but second-year player Jerebko. And he made the most of it with a nice put back and a couple early rebounds (oh, and three quick fouls).
But after seven minutes he was done for the night and after the game he was on crutches with an Achilles tendon injury, according to the Detroit Free Press.
He will be re-evaluated on Wednesday but Pistons.com said the “immediate outlook isn’t good.” He also suffered a shoulder injury, the initial reason he came out, but that seems to be lesser of the two issues.
Combine this with the injury to Terrico White and it all seems a little too familiar for Pistons fans. Last season the roster was decimated by injuries. This season two players — one a starter — go down in the first preseason game. Not the start to the season Detroit fans had in mind.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23