Mike D'Antoni's vote of confidence in Timofey Mozgov's basketball ability, if not his language skills
Oct 6, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
All basketball coaches play favorites, but Mike D’Antoni — no stranger to wearing his opinion on his press scrum sleeve — is a bit more forthcoming with that information than most NBA types. It’s still something short of explicit, but deciphering Pringles’ player-specific quotes doesn’t take much imagination.
Plenty of this year’s Knicks have D’Antoni gushing (Danilo Gallinari, per esempio, is a typical target of praise showers, even if Amar’e Stoudemire may soon give D’Antoni a run for his money as president of the Gallo Fan Club), but he clearly thinks the world of undrafted free agent rookie Timofey Mozgov.
There is one tiny, tiny problem, though. From Marc Berman of the New York Post:
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 10
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 19
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 11
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 19