Oct 5, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:06 pm: Pargo is going to back to Chicago to rehab his knee and hopes to be ready and on a roster by the start of the season, his agent Mark Bartelstien told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Both the Warriors and Hornets have concerns about his knee, but if he can get it healthy someone will pick him up.
3:34 pm: The best seasons of Jannero Pargo’s career came as the backup to Chris Paul. This season he tried to return to that role, but it not going to happen.
Jannero Pargo released by Hornets. Demps: “He is not operating at full speed due to a pre-existing injury.”
Pargo was unimpressive with the Bulls last season. We’ll see if he can latch on anywhere else, espeically after that send off from GM Del Demps.
This means Willie Green will get the backup job to CP3. What that means for Hornets fans is they should run to a local church and light a candle in prayer that Paul does not get hurt.
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 0
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29