Oct 5, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:06 pm: Pargo is going to back to Chicago to rehab his knee and hopes to be ready and on a roster by the start of the season, his agent Mark Bartelstien told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Both the Warriors and Hornets have concerns about his knee, but if he can get it healthy someone will pick him up.
3:34 pm: The best seasons of Jannero Pargo’s career came as the backup to Chris Paul. This season he tried to return to that role, but it not going to happen.
Jannero Pargo released by Hornets. Demps: “He is not operating at full speed due to a pre-existing injury.”
Pargo was unimpressive with the Bulls last season. We’ll see if he can latch on anywhere else, espeically after that send off from GM Del Demps.
This means Willie Green will get the backup job to CP3. What that means for Hornets fans is they should run to a local church and light a candle in prayer that Paul does not get hurt.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4