Oct 4, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Nate Robinson was good enough to play major college football — he was a highly recruited football star who played some cornerback at the University of Washington. Then he settled in on basketball.
If (cough *when* cough) the NBA locks out next summer, Robinson wants to go back to his football roots, he told the Boston Globe.
“It all depends on this lockout,” Robinson said. “If we have a lockout, you might see a lot of guys, including myself, try out and see where it takes you, just see if you can do it or not. You never know what can happen.”
Okay, he’s kidding. Kind of. Celtics president Danny Ainge was a two-sport star, although he was smart enough to play baseball. Football and the hits from linebackers are a little different.
Robinson as an NFL defensive back… not sure he could hang with Reggie Wayne or Terrell Owens. He probably couldn’t hang with Roy Williams either, but at least then there’d be a good chance he’d just drop the pass.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 1
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 12
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70