Oct 4, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Nate Robinson was good enough to play major college football — he was a highly recruited football star who played some cornerback at the University of Washington. Then he settled in on basketball.
If (cough *when* cough) the NBA locks out next summer, Robinson wants to go back to his football roots, he told the Boston Globe.
“It all depends on this lockout,” Robinson said. “If we have a lockout, you might see a lot of guys, including myself, try out and see where it takes you, just see if you can do it or not. You never know what can happen.”
Okay, he’s kidding. Kind of. Celtics president Danny Ainge was a two-sport star, although he was smart enough to play baseball. Football and the hits from linebackers are a little different.
Robinson as an NFL defensive back… not sure he could hang with Reggie Wayne or Terrell Owens. He probably couldn’t hang with Roy Williams either, but at least then there’d be a good chance he’d just drop the pass.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73