Oct 4, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
Nate Robinson was good enough to play major college football — he was a highly recruited football star who played some cornerback at the University of Washington. Then he settled in on basketball.
If (cough *when* cough) the NBA locks out next summer, Robinson wants to go back to his football roots, he told the Boston Globe.
“It all depends on this lockout,” Robinson said. “If we have a lockout, you might see a lot of guys, including myself, try out and see where it takes you, just see if you can do it or not. You never know what can happen.”
Okay, he’s kidding. Kind of. Celtics president Danny Ainge was a two-sport star, although he was smart enough to play baseball. Football and the hits from linebackers are a little different.
Robinson as an NFL defensive back… not sure he could hang with Reggie Wayne or Terrell Owens. He probably couldn’t hang with Roy Williams either, but at least then there’d be a good chance he’d just drop the pass.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42