Oct 4, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Nate Robinson was good enough to play major college football — he was a highly recruited football star who played some cornerback at the University of Washington. Then he settled in on basketball.
If (cough *when* cough) the NBA locks out next summer, Robinson wants to go back to his football roots, he told the Boston Globe.
“It all depends on this lockout,” Robinson said. “If we have a lockout, you might see a lot of guys, including myself, try out and see where it takes you, just see if you can do it or not. You never know what can happen.”
Okay, he’s kidding. Kind of. Celtics president Danny Ainge was a two-sport star, although he was smart enough to play baseball. Football and the hits from linebackers are a little different.
Robinson as an NFL defensive back… not sure he could hang with Reggie Wayne or Terrell Owens. He probably couldn’t hang with Roy Williams either, but at least then there’d be a good chance he’d just drop the pass.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5