Oct 4, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Nate Robinson was good enough to play major college football — he was a highly recruited football star who played some cornerback at the University of Washington. Then he settled in on basketball.
If (cough *when* cough) the NBA locks out next summer, Robinson wants to go back to his football roots, he told the Boston Globe.
“It all depends on this lockout,” Robinson said. “If we have a lockout, you might see a lot of guys, including myself, try out and see where it takes you, just see if you can do it or not. You never know what can happen.”
Okay, he’s kidding. Kind of. Celtics president Danny Ainge was a two-sport star, although he was smart enough to play baseball. Football and the hits from linebackers are a little different.
Robinson as an NFL defensive back… not sure he could hang with Reggie Wayne or Terrell Owens. He probably couldn’t hang with Roy Williams either, but at least then there’d be a good chance he’d just drop the pass.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 4
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6