Oct 4, 2010, 5:56 PM EST
Google wants to own your television. Bill Gates actually saw this coming but it never took off. Of course Apple has something but only 10 percent of the population knows about it. But Google thinks it is different.
Google TV is essentially what you think it is — your television will go to a homepage with quick links to favorite channels, there will be apps (similar to a smart phone or iPad), if you search out “The Event” you will get both upcoming showings and web search responses for it. You can get your Web on your Television, so your favorite YouTube videos will be larger than life.
It may or may not work. It may or may not be a good idea. We are not going down that road.
Just know that if you choose to walk the Google TV path, the NBA will be there with you.
The NBA Game Time app is a hit on smart phones and it will come standard on Google TV, NBA Digital announced.
The NBA Game Time application will allow fans to follow NBA games in progress with a real-time scoreboard, watch on-demand video highlights optimized for an HD viewing experience, and check the latest league standings and statistics — through their television.
“We are excited to be among the select group of companies with pre-installed apps for the highly anticipated launch of Google TV. With our commitment to multi-platform innovation and distribution, it’s only natural for us to be among the first to partner with Google TV on such a ground-breaking platform,” said Bryan Perez, senior vice president and general manager for NBA Digital.
Say what you will about the NBA, they are more than any other major sports league are willing to push the envelope in terms of embracing technology. Which is a good thing. Now, if you could only still embed the videos on their home page….
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9