Oct 3, 2010, 2:31 PM EST
We watched Lance Stephenson at Summer League and thought in an intriguing player. A guy who might be able to find a niche in Indiana and help right away.
Then he got arrested for domestic violence, and the Pacers told him to stop working out at Conseco Fieldhouse. You knew he’d be back, the Pacers had already inked him to a contract, but the question was when and how would he be received.
He has been back, part of the Pacers training camp, keeping his head down and working hard. Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star reports this conversation with him.
…when Lance Stephenson walked by me on his way off the court Saturday and I casually asked how things are going for him.
“I’ve got to get better defensively,” he said right away. “I’m having a difficult time with off-the-ball defending.”
I was expecting him to say something like, “It’s going good. I’m glad to have a day off tomorrow.” Nope. He wanted to talk about his defense.
That is defense that has to get better if he really wants to see the court much. He’ll still have to deal with his legal issues, but he is back and working at Pacers camp. It will be interesting to see how and how much they use him.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13