Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has said all the right things in Denver since showing up for training camp amid a firestorm of reports concerning his future. He’s said he loves Denver, will be a Nugget, and plans to lead the team. He wasn’t part of the promo videos, but other than that, there’s been a lot to calm the nerves of Nugget fans.
Well, now we’ve got something that gives a little more insight into what Melo’s thinking. The Denver Post caught Melo after practice today and Melo finally gave an admission that it’s “possible” he won’t be in Denver. How big of a possibility, exactly, there, Melo? From the Post:
“Possible means 50-50,” Anthony said. “As long as I’m here, I’m going to lead this team.”
So it’s a coin flip. Heads, Carmelo Anthony starts the season in Denver and tries to lead his team back to the Western Conference Finals. Tails, Denver undergoes a dramatic demolition job and starts over. Rest easy, Nuggets fans!
Here’s a question. Why has no one asked Anthony what the chances are that he signs the extension? Anyone? Anyone? Oh. Right.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47