Oct 3, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony has said all the right things in Denver since showing up for training camp amid a firestorm of reports concerning his future. He’s said he loves Denver, will be a Nugget, and plans to lead the team. He wasn’t part of the promo videos, but other than that, there’s been a lot to calm the nerves of Nugget fans.
Well, now we’ve got something that gives a little more insight into what Melo’s thinking. The Denver Post caught Melo after practice today and Melo finally gave an admission that it’s “possible” he won’t be in Denver. How big of a possibility, exactly, there, Melo? From the Post:
“Possible means 50-50,” Anthony said. “As long as I’m here, I’m going to lead this team.”
So it’s a coin flip. Heads, Carmelo Anthony starts the season in Denver and tries to lead his team back to the Western Conference Finals. Tails, Denver undergoes a dramatic demolition job and starts over. Rest easy, Nuggets fans!
Here’s a question. Why has no one asked Anthony what the chances are that he signs the extension? Anyone? Anyone? Oh. Right.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20