Oct 2, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Like we said, a coach will get canned before the calendar flips to 2011. But who’s the unlucky guy? Turns out Vegas has its own list of candidates.
The New Jersey Star-Ledger checked in with a gambling site called YouWager.com and looked at the list of prospective candidates to get canned. Essentially, if this is your first year with a club? Vegas is not confident you will survive. Here’s the list, courtesy of the Star-Ledger.
Then there’s the leader, Avery Johnson. Avery is favored to lose his job by the site, despite a new ownership group and a new GM, in what is essentially another rebuilding year in which they have lots of tradeable assets. Maybe Vegas knows something about the Mad Russian we don’t.
This whole thing feels like buzzards circling a man walking through the desert.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28