Oct 2, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Like we said, a coach will get canned before the calendar flips to 2011. But who’s the unlucky guy? Turns out Vegas has its own list of candidates.
The New Jersey Star-Ledger checked in with a gambling site called YouWager.com and looked at the list of prospective candidates to get canned. Essentially, if this is your first year with a club? Vegas is not confident you will survive. Here’s the list, courtesy of the Star-Ledger.
Then there’s the leader, Avery Johnson. Avery is favored to lose his job by the site, despite a new ownership group and a new GM, in what is essentially another rebuilding year in which they have lots of tradeable assets. Maybe Vegas knows something about the Mad Russian we don’t.
This whole thing feels like buzzards circling a man walking through the desert.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 20
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8