Oct 2, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
So there was “The Decision.” And then the backlash to the “The Decision.” And then reaction to the backlash of “The Decision.” And now criticism of the reaction to the backlash of “The Decision.”
So after LeBron pulled out the race card (which I actually don’t begrudge him for, it’s just an opinion, but I do begrudge him for forcing me to read 900 articles about people’s criticism of him using the race card), everyone’s weighing in. Including Denver coach George Karl. You know, because Karl is the coach in
Miami a rival city the Eastern Conference Denver. So naturally he should weigh on this.
I’m just kidding, of course. Karl’s a respected voice in the NBA and predictably, his reaction is just as reasonable. He doesn’t think race played a part, as he told NBA FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson. Instead, he’s got an alternate theory.
“People are jealous.”
Oh, okay then. I mean, it makes sense. It’s just interesting that Karl claims it’s not racism (and you should click the link for the quote about sexism he gave Tomasson). You’d think given that LeBron’s negative Q rating among African-Americans didn’t increase, that would be a sign that perhaps race is at least an element.
But the, really, you’re talking about complex issues that have very serious consequences and all of this is because some guy switched jobs and is now the biggest villain in the world. Cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59