Oct 2, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
So there was “The Decision.” And then the backlash to the “The Decision.” And then reaction to the backlash of “The Decision.” And now criticism of the reaction to the backlash of “The Decision.”
So after LeBron pulled out the race card (which I actually don’t begrudge him for, it’s just an opinion, but I do begrudge him for forcing me to read 900 articles about people’s criticism of him using the race card), everyone’s weighing in. Including Denver coach George Karl. You know, because Karl is the coach in
Miami a rival city the Eastern Conference Denver. So naturally he should weigh on this.
I’m just kidding, of course. Karl’s a respected voice in the NBA and predictably, his reaction is just as reasonable. He doesn’t think race played a part, as he told NBA FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson. Instead, he’s got an alternate theory.
“People are jealous.”
Oh, okay then. I mean, it makes sense. It’s just interesting that Karl claims it’s not racism (and you should click the link for the quote about sexism he gave Tomasson). You’d think given that LeBron’s negative Q rating among African-Americans didn’t increase, that would be a sign that perhaps race is at least an element.
But the, really, you’re talking about complex issues that have very serious consequences and all of this is because some guy switched jobs and is now the biggest villain in the world. Cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32