Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Al Thornton sent maybe the most frightening tweet we’ve ever seen Thursday night:
This may sound crazy but I just literally got hit by a car walking.. Wtf.
He was walking on the George Mason campus where the Wizards are conducting camp when the incident happened. He is doing fine and was back shooting jumpers at the Wizards practice today, but he was hearing it from teammates according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.
Thornton was okay, but his tweets and lack of immediate response to teammates calls afterward led to some panic. “It’s crazy. I didn’t know nothing like that was going to happen” John Wall said. “He was on Twitter, like ‘I just got hit by a car. I don’t believe it.’ We had to call him, like, ‘You alright?’ His phone was off, so we think he was in the hospital or something. It was funny.”
Thornton told his teammates that the car was traveling around 15 to 20 miles an hour, but the driver never noticed the 6-foot-8, 225 pound forward crossing the street. “She nipped his leg and he jumped,” Wall said. “He had to jump on the car. If he didn’t jump on the car, he might be injured.”
Just good that everybody is able to laugh about this today.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15