Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Al Thornton sent maybe the most frightening tweet we’ve ever seen Thursday night:
This may sound crazy but I just literally got hit by a car walking.. Wtf.
He was walking on the George Mason campus where the Wizards are conducting camp when the incident happened. He is doing fine and was back shooting jumpers at the Wizards practice today, but he was hearing it from teammates according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.
Thornton was okay, but his tweets and lack of immediate response to teammates calls afterward led to some panic. “It’s crazy. I didn’t know nothing like that was going to happen” John Wall said. “He was on Twitter, like ‘I just got hit by a car. I don’t believe it.’ We had to call him, like, ‘You alright?’ His phone was off, so we think he was in the hospital or something. It was funny.”
Thornton told his teammates that the car was traveling around 15 to 20 miles an hour, but the driver never noticed the 6-foot-8, 225 pound forward crossing the street. “She nipped his leg and he jumped,” Wall said. “He had to jump on the car. If he didn’t jump on the car, he might be injured.”
Just good that everybody is able to laugh about this today.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31