Oct 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
Here is the only thing that really matters from the Miami Heat’s televised (NBATV) intersquad scrimmage Friday night: 225 service men and women got to watch some big stars up close and for free.
Nothing else really can be counted on to translate into the regular season. The game was full of sloppy at times. But a few quick thoughts.
* The Heat want to run. They pushed the ball and tried to get transition or early-in-the-clock buckets consistently.
* In the halfcourt there was flashes of great ball and player movement. If that carries over to the season the Heat will be better on offense than we thought. Which is scary.
* LeBron James is that good. People got down on him after the Cavalier were eliminated from the playoffs last season, and after the summer of PR mistakes. But watching him even in a loose scrimmage you’re reminded what a freak of nature the man is on the court.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30