Oct 1, 2010, 5:16 PM EST
Here’s the latest from the Texas A&M-based trick shot group Dude Perfect, and boy is it impressive. Dude Perfect first gained mainstream attention for making a shot off the third deck of Kyle Field, which was, at the time, a record for the World’s Longest Basketball shot.
That shot got the Dude Perfect crew on Sportcenter and got them some sponsored gigs, but their claim to the furthest shot record was challenged by another trick-shot crew, Legendary Shots, when the latter bunch made a shot from the top of the Vulcan monument in Birmingham, Alabama.
Well, Dude Perfect has now erased any doubt about the longest shot record after making a shot from the top of the “cross tower,” which, according to KBTX.com, was 216 feet off the ground. (The basket was 150 feet away from the base of the tower.) By my count, the ball was in the air for about five seconds before going through the hoop. Impressive stuff.
One thing I might like to see is a bit more transparency from the Dude Perfect crew — the fact that the shot was made at night suggests they were out there for many hours before finally making the shot, and I might prefer seeing the work that goes into doing something like this more than being asked to buy the illusion that he hit this on the first try — it’s still really, really, really impressive. Keep up the great work, boredom warriors.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld