Oct 1, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Here’s the latest from the Texas A&M-based trick shot group Dude Perfect, and boy is it impressive. Dude Perfect first gained mainstream attention for making a shot off the third deck of Kyle Field, which was, at the time, a record for the World’s Longest Basketball shot.
That shot got the Dude Perfect crew on Sportcenter and got them some sponsored gigs, but their claim to the furthest shot record was challenged by another trick-shot crew, Legendary Shots, when the latter bunch made a shot from the top of the Vulcan monument in Birmingham, Alabama.
Well, Dude Perfect has now erased any doubt about the longest shot record after making a shot from the top of the “cross tower,” which, according to KBTX.com, was 216 feet off the ground. (The basket was 150 feet away from the base of the tower.) By my count, the ball was in the air for about five seconds before going through the hoop. Impressive stuff.
One thing I might like to see is a bit more transparency from the Dude Perfect crew — the fact that the shot was made at night suggests they were out there for many hours before finally making the shot, and I might prefer seeing the work that goes into doing something like this more than being asked to buy the illusion that he hit this on the first try — it’s still really, really, really impressive. Keep up the great work, boredom warriors.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 12
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 11
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 33
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld