Oct 1, 2010, 5:16 PM EST
Here’s the latest from the Texas A&M-based trick shot group Dude Perfect, and boy is it impressive. Dude Perfect first gained mainstream attention for making a shot off the third deck of Kyle Field, which was, at the time, a record for the World’s Longest Basketball shot.
That shot got the Dude Perfect crew on Sportcenter and got them some sponsored gigs, but their claim to the furthest shot record was challenged by another trick-shot crew, Legendary Shots, when the latter bunch made a shot from the top of the Vulcan monument in Birmingham, Alabama.
Well, Dude Perfect has now erased any doubt about the longest shot record after making a shot from the top of the “cross tower,” which, according to KBTX.com, was 216 feet off the ground. (The basket was 150 feet away from the base of the tower.) By my count, the ball was in the air for about five seconds before going through the hoop. Impressive stuff.
One thing I might like to see is a bit more transparency from the Dude Perfect crew — the fact that the shot was made at night suggests they were out there for many hours before finally making the shot, and I might prefer seeing the work that goes into doing something like this more than being asked to buy the illusion that he hit this on the first try — it’s still really, really, really impressive. Keep up the great work, boredom warriors.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 21
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 9
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (51)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)