Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
The Miami Heat said no. The Milwaukee Bucks signed someone else. There has been no deal with the Houston Rockets.
Erick Dampier is a man without a team. Which is a little odd — as a minimum-salary backup center he should be a good fit, but teams are not jumping on board. For whatever reason.
Thursday Dampier stopped in on the Toronto Raptors and met with them during training camp, although no deal was reached, according to The Fan 590 Radio in Toronto.
It’s not an easy fit, the Raptors already have 15 guys under contract. They’d have to buy somebody out to get Dampier. That may or may not happen.
Dampier may have visits with another team. But right now he remains a man without a team.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27