Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
The Miami Heat said no. The Milwaukee Bucks signed someone else. There has been no deal with the Houston Rockets.
Erick Dampier is a man without a team. Which is a little odd — as a minimum-salary backup center he should be a good fit, but teams are not jumping on board. For whatever reason.
Thursday Dampier stopped in on the Toronto Raptors and met with them during training camp, although no deal was reached, according to The Fan 590 Radio in Toronto.
It’s not an easy fit, the Raptors already have 15 guys under contract. They’d have to buy somebody out to get Dampier. That may or may not happen.
Dampier may have visits with another team. But right now he remains a man without a team.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12