Oct 1, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
To realize how big this really is, think back to your reaction when you first saw Andrew Bogut go down last April 3. Remember that feeling in your stomach…
Andrew Bogot has been cleared to play without restriction in upcoming preseason games for the Bucks, according to the Journal-Sentinel.
“I’m just not overdoing my elbow at the moment,” Bogut said. “Even having three sessions for me in two days was huge. It’s a big step for me to go out here and take knocks and hits and get through it, so I felt pretty good today.”
Not that Scott Skiles will throw him out for 40 minutes in the first exhibition game, they will bring him along slowly, but he seems ready to go.
There had been concerns that Bogut’s elbow was not healing fast enough for him to be playing at the start of the season, but it looks like when the ball goes up to start the season Bogut will be jumping to get it.
Which makes the Bucks a much better, deeper team. Bogut’s defense in the paint was a key to Milwaukee’s surge last season, and he can create some offense, too. Without him they fell in the first round to Atlanta (unable to exploit the Hawks inside).
The East is going to be interesting this season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4