Oct 1, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
To realize how big this really is, think back to your reaction when you first saw Andrew Bogut go down last April 3. Remember that feeling in your stomach…
Andrew Bogot has been cleared to play without restriction in upcoming preseason games for the Bucks, according to the Journal-Sentinel.
“I’m just not overdoing my elbow at the moment,” Bogut said. “Even having three sessions for me in two days was huge. It’s a big step for me to go out here and take knocks and hits and get through it, so I felt pretty good today.”
Not that Scott Skiles will throw him out for 40 minutes in the first exhibition game, they will bring him along slowly, but he seems ready to go.
There had been concerns that Bogut’s elbow was not healing fast enough for him to be playing at the start of the season, but it looks like when the ball goes up to start the season Bogut will be jumping to get it.
Which makes the Bucks a much better, deeper team. Bogut’s defense in the paint was a key to Milwaukee’s surge last season, and he can create some offense, too. Without him they fell in the first round to Atlanta (unable to exploit the Hawks inside).
The East is going to be interesting this season.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37