Oct 1, 2010, 11:53 AM EDT
To realize how big this really is, think back to your reaction when you first saw Andrew Bogut go down last April 3. Remember that feeling in your stomach…
Andrew Bogot has been cleared to play without restriction in upcoming preseason games for the Bucks, according to the Journal-Sentinel.
“I’m just not overdoing my elbow at the moment,” Bogut said. “Even having three sessions for me in two days was huge. It’s a big step for me to go out here and take knocks and hits and get through it, so I felt pretty good today.”
Not that Scott Skiles will throw him out for 40 minutes in the first exhibition game, they will bring him along slowly, but he seems ready to go.
There had been concerns that Bogut’s elbow was not healing fast enough for him to be playing at the start of the season, but it looks like when the ball goes up to start the season Bogut will be jumping to get it.
Which makes the Bucks a much better, deeper team. Bogut’s defense in the paint was a key to Milwaukee’s surge last season, and he can create some offense, too. Without him they fell in the first round to Atlanta (unable to exploit the Hawks inside).
The East is going to be interesting this season.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31