Sep 30, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
Tony Parker is in the last year of his contract. He may come back to the Spurs, he may move on, it’s going to be about money and years and discussions that will not seriously take place until next summer.
It’s a long season and Timmy’s [Duncan] like 34, going to be 35. That’s why I felt like this is our last chance to win a championship. When Timmy’s gone, then it’s going to be really tough…
“I think we’re more hungry. And I think everybody’s rested. I didn’t play with the national team. Manu didn’t play, [Tim Duncan] didn’t play. And I think we have a better bench and I think our young guys, they’re pretty good. Tiago Splitter is ready to play. He won everything in Europe and he’s coming here a little bit like Manu when he first came, with all the experience. I like the balance of our team. I like our chances, but 10 other teams say the same thing.”
The Spurs are going to be good, probably better than last year. But there is Dallas and Houston and Portland and Oklahoma City all right there, too. And ever one of them is still chasing the Lakers.
That’s a tough road for the Spurs, no matter how hungry and rested they are.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3