Sep 30, 2010, 6:16 PM EST
Courtesy of Yahoo!’s Marc Spears:
Spurs big man Tiago Splitter suffered a strained right plantaris muscle today and will undergo a 7-to-10 day rehab with return timeline TBD.
As Tim Varner of 48 Minutes of Hell pointed out, Splitter has a history of small, nagging injuries, which is a bit of a concern. Hopefully this injury is just a minor setback for the 25-year old Euroleague star and Spurs rookie; a lot of basketball fans have waited a long time to see Splitter in the NBA, and it would be a bummer to have to wait even longer.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)