Sep 30, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
Right now there is a break in the Carmelo Anthony trade show. It’s not over, it’s more like someone hit pause on the DVR to go get some Triscuits but pretty soon everyone will sit back down, get comfortable and start the show again.
And when they do the Knicks want in.
According to Chris Sheridan of ESPN, the Knicks have lined up a deal to get themselves a first-round pick, which they would in turn like to trade to Denver as part of a package for Carmelo Anthony. Not having a first round pick they could move (until 2014 anyway) was part of what kept the Knicks on the sidelines during the first round of talks.
New York is one of the two places (Chicago the other) that Anthony certainly would sign an extension. Those are the places his people have pushed for. Other locations — hello New Jersey — do not have that confidence he will take the deal.
This does not mean the Knicks are in. Not by a long shot. Denver isn’t really in love with the players New York is offering, plus they don’t really want to send Anthony where he wants to go.
Denver has to figure out what it wants and start talking with a clear voice. When it does talks will pick up again. But for now, it’s all about training camp. We’ll mostly.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29