Sep 30, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
Right now there is a break in the Carmelo Anthony trade show. It’s not over, it’s more like someone hit pause on the DVR to go get some Triscuits but pretty soon everyone will sit back down, get comfortable and start the show again.
And when they do the Knicks want in.
According to Chris Sheridan of ESPN, the Knicks have lined up a deal to get themselves a first-round pick, which they would in turn like to trade to Denver as part of a package for Carmelo Anthony. Not having a first round pick they could move (until 2014 anyway) was part of what kept the Knicks on the sidelines during the first round of talks.
New York is one of the two places (Chicago the other) that Anthony certainly would sign an extension. Those are the places his people have pushed for. Other locations — hello New Jersey — do not have that confidence he will take the deal.
This does not mean the Knicks are in. Not by a long shot. Denver isn’t really in love with the players New York is offering, plus they don’t really want to send Anthony where he wants to go.
Denver has to figure out what it wants and start talking with a clear voice. When it does talks will pick up again. But for now, it’s all about training camp. We’ll mostly.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10