Sep 30, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
Right now there is a break in the Carmelo Anthony trade show. It’s not over, it’s more like someone hit pause on the DVR to go get some Triscuits but pretty soon everyone will sit back down, get comfortable and start the show again.
And when they do the Knicks want in.
According to Chris Sheridan of ESPN, the Knicks have lined up a deal to get themselves a first-round pick, which they would in turn like to trade to Denver as part of a package for Carmelo Anthony. Not having a first round pick they could move (until 2014 anyway) was part of what kept the Knicks on the sidelines during the first round of talks.
New York is one of the two places (Chicago the other) that Anthony certainly would sign an extension. Those are the places his people have pushed for. Other locations — hello New Jersey — do not have that confidence he will take the deal.
This does not mean the Knicks are in. Not by a long shot. Denver isn’t really in love with the players New York is offering, plus they don’t really want to send Anthony where he wants to go.
Denver has to figure out what it wants and start talking with a clear voice. When it does talks will pick up again. But for now, it’s all about training camp. We’ll mostly.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13