Sep 30, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
Right now there is a break in the Carmelo Anthony trade show. It’s not over, it’s more like someone hit pause on the DVR to go get some Triscuits but pretty soon everyone will sit back down, get comfortable and start the show again.
And when they do the Knicks want in.
According to Chris Sheridan of ESPN, the Knicks have lined up a deal to get themselves a first-round pick, which they would in turn like to trade to Denver as part of a package for Carmelo Anthony. Not having a first round pick they could move (until 2014 anyway) was part of what kept the Knicks on the sidelines during the first round of talks.
New York is one of the two places (Chicago the other) that Anthony certainly would sign an extension. Those are the places his people have pushed for. Other locations — hello New Jersey — do not have that confidence he will take the deal.
This does not mean the Knicks are in. Not by a long shot. Denver isn’t really in love with the players New York is offering, plus they don’t really want to send Anthony where he wants to go.
Denver has to figure out what it wants and start talking with a clear voice. When it does talks will pick up again. But for now, it’s all about training camp. We’ll mostly.
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 0
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 15
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10