Sep 30, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
Right now there is a break in the Carmelo Anthony trade show. It’s not over, it’s more like someone hit pause on the DVR to go get some Triscuits but pretty soon everyone will sit back down, get comfortable and start the show again.
And when they do the Knicks want in.
According to Chris Sheridan of ESPN, the Knicks have lined up a deal to get themselves a first-round pick, which they would in turn like to trade to Denver as part of a package for Carmelo Anthony. Not having a first round pick they could move (until 2014 anyway) was part of what kept the Knicks on the sidelines during the first round of talks.
New York is one of the two places (Chicago the other) that Anthony certainly would sign an extension. Those are the places his people have pushed for. Other locations — hello New Jersey — do not have that confidence he will take the deal.
This does not mean the Knicks are in. Not by a long shot. Denver isn’t really in love with the players New York is offering, plus they don’t really want to send Anthony where he wants to go.
Denver has to figure out what it wants and start talking with a clear voice. When it does talks will pick up again. But for now, it’s all about training camp. We’ll mostly.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59