Sep 30, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
This summer Boris Diaw almost ended up with the Raptors as part of a larger deal that fell apart when Michael Jordan realized it was a bad idea.
But Toronto still wants him and has been talking to the Bobcats directly about a swap, according to the New York Daily News.
As for who could be headed south to Charlotte, the report does not say. Jose Calderon would be a salary match, although he has a longer term deal the Bobcats may not want. It could be a package of players such as Jarrett Jack and Reggie Evans, but again the question is how much do the Bobcats want to spend long term (Jack has three years left on his deal).
Still, the talks are going on.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65