Sep 30, 2010, 1:43 PM EST
Stan Van Gundy wants the rule named after him. Really, it should be the Coach Jack Ramsay rule.
For reasons that are unclear but likely studied in focus groups at great expense, the NBA has set up a new dress code for coaches that requires them to wear a collared shirt.
“I want them to at least name the rule after me,” Van Gundy said. “Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule.”
Shed a tear for the lack of a mock turtleneck and jacket look in the NBA. The league’s coaches can no longer go with the fashion look of 1994.
A better dress code — all NBA coaches have to wear a pair of Dr. Jack Ramsay’s slacks from the ’70s.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7