Sep 30, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy wants the rule named after him. Really, it should be the Coach Jack Ramsay rule.
For reasons that are unclear but likely studied in focus groups at great expense, the NBA has set up a new dress code for coaches that requires them to wear a collared shirt.
“I want them to at least name the rule after me,” Van Gundy said. “Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule.”
Shed a tear for the lack of a mock turtleneck and jacket look in the NBA. The league’s coaches can no longer go with the fashion look of 1994.
A better dress code — all NBA coaches have to wear a pair of Dr. Jack Ramsay’s slacks from the ’70s.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14