Sep 30, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy wants the rule named after him. Really, it should be the Coach Jack Ramsay rule.
For reasons that are unclear but likely studied in focus groups at great expense, the NBA has set up a new dress code for coaches that requires them to wear a collared shirt.
“I want them to at least name the rule after me,” Van Gundy said. “Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule.”
Shed a tear for the lack of a mock turtleneck and jacket look in the NBA. The league’s coaches can no longer go with the fashion look of 1994.
A better dress code — all NBA coaches have to wear a pair of Dr. Jack Ramsay’s slacks from the ’70s.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11