Sep 30, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy wants the rule named after him. Really, it should be the Coach Jack Ramsay rule.
For reasons that are unclear but likely studied in focus groups at great expense, the NBA has set up a new dress code for coaches that requires them to wear a collared shirt.
“I want them to at least name the rule after me,” Van Gundy said. “Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule.”
Shed a tear for the lack of a mock turtleneck and jacket look in the NBA. The league’s coaches can no longer go with the fashion look of 1994.
A better dress code — all NBA coaches have to wear a pair of Dr. Jack Ramsay’s slacks from the ’70s.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30