Sep 30, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy wants the rule named after him. Really, it should be the Coach Jack Ramsay rule.
For reasons that are unclear but likely studied in focus groups at great expense, the NBA has set up a new dress code for coaches that requires them to wear a collared shirt.
“I want them to at least name the rule after me,” Van Gundy said. “Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule.”
Shed a tear for the lack of a mock turtleneck and jacket look in the NBA. The league’s coaches can no longer go with the fashion look of 1994.
A better dress code — all NBA coaches have to wear a pair of Dr. Jack Ramsay’s slacks from the ’70s.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 26
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 30
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 18
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26