Sep 30, 2010, 10:43 AM EDT
Kobe’s the man, doesn’t matter what side of the pond you are on.
The NBA released the top jerseys sold in Europe and Kobe Bryant tops the list. As he does in the United States. And China. And everywhere jerseys are sold (except Boston). This is Kobe’s third straight year atop the Europe list.
Rounding out the top five are LeBron James (the old Cleveland uni), Dwyane Wade, Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett.
Who are the top Europeans? Gasol (as already mentioned) followed by Andrea Bargnani (sixth overall), Jose Calderon (seventh), Dirk Nowitzki (ninth) and Tony Parker (tenth).
It will be interesting to see if Heat mania vaults LeBron to the top of the list next year.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 30
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13