Sep 29, 2010, 2:08 PM EST
Stephen Curry is in the playing-like-an-All-Star-but-getting-paid-like-a-rookie part of his career.
As expected, the Warriors announced they picked up the third season team option on Curry that follows his rookie season, as reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo. Curry will make $2.9 million this season, $3.1 million in his third season. Next year the Warriors will pick up the $4 million option on his fourth season. Then his rookie deal will be over and Curry will make real money.
As a rookie Curry averaged 17.5 points per game, was in the Rookie of the Year running and established himself as one of the better pure shooters in the game, knocking down 43.7 percent of his three pointers. He was part of the USA Basketball team that won gold at the World Championships in Turkey this summer.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)