Sep 29, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Stephen Curry is in the playing-like-an-All-Star-but-getting-paid-like-a-rookie part of his career.
As expected, the Warriors announced they picked up the third season team option on Curry that follows his rookie season, as reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo. Curry will make $2.9 million this season, $3.1 million in his third season. Next year the Warriors will pick up the $4 million option on his fourth season. Then his rookie deal will be over and Curry will make real money.
As a rookie Curry averaged 17.5 points per game, was in the Rookie of the Year running and established himself as one of the better pure shooters in the game, knocking down 43.7 percent of his three pointers. He was part of the USA Basketball team that won gold at the World Championships in Turkey this summer.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2