Sep 29, 2010, 2:08 PM EST
Stephen Curry is in the playing-like-an-All-Star-but-getting-paid-like-a-rookie part of his career.
As expected, the Warriors announced they picked up the third season team option on Curry that follows his rookie season, as reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo. Curry will make $2.9 million this season, $3.1 million in his third season. Next year the Warriors will pick up the $4 million option on his fourth season. Then his rookie deal will be over and Curry will make real money.
As a rookie Curry averaged 17.5 points per game, was in the Rookie of the Year running and established himself as one of the better pure shooters in the game, knocking down 43.7 percent of his three pointers. He was part of the USA Basketball team that won gold at the World Championships in Turkey this summer.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5