Sep 29, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Stephen Curry is in the playing-like-an-All-Star-but-getting-paid-like-a-rookie part of his career.
As expected, the Warriors announced they picked up the third season team option on Curry that follows his rookie season, as reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo. Curry will make $2.9 million this season, $3.1 million in his third season. Next year the Warriors will pick up the $4 million option on his fourth season. Then his rookie deal will be over and Curry will make real money.
As a rookie Curry averaged 17.5 points per game, was in the Rookie of the Year running and established himself as one of the better pure shooters in the game, knocking down 43.7 percent of his three pointers. He was part of the USA Basketball team that won gold at the World Championships in Turkey this summer.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10