Sep 29, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Stephen Curry is in the playing-like-an-All-Star-but-getting-paid-like-a-rookie part of his career.
As expected, the Warriors announced they picked up the third season team option on Curry that follows his rookie season, as reported by Marc Spears of Yahoo. Curry will make $2.9 million this season, $3.1 million in his third season. Next year the Warriors will pick up the $4 million option on his fourth season. Then his rookie deal will be over and Curry will make real money.
As a rookie Curry averaged 17.5 points per game, was in the Rookie of the Year running and established himself as one of the better pure shooters in the game, knocking down 43.7 percent of his three pointers. He was part of the USA Basketball team that won gold at the World Championships in Turkey this summer.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9