Sep 29, 2010, 8:05 PM EST
You may want to believe, but until we see evidence on the court that Tracy McGrady is right you have to think of him as still damage goods.
Tracy McGrady likes to push himself pretty hard (all the great ones do) but has had to pull back at Pistons camp and made the following comment to the Detroit News:
“Can’t put the knee aside, that’s the major issue,” he said. “If I didn’t have any problems with my knee, I would be myself.”
Meaning he is not himself. Hasn’t been for a while. Which is unfortunate for all of us remember what he was and what a joy he was to watch.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)