Sep 29, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
The Magic brought Jason Williams back to provide some extra depth at point guard, but he won’t be doing that for a while.
Williams is going to have arthroscopic left knee surgery tomorrow and will be out until right around the start of the season, Stan Van Gundy told the media today (as tweeted by Antonio Gonzalez of the Associated Press, via Orlando Pinstriped Post).
Not ideal, but not a huge loss. Jameer Nelson is the clear starter at point, Chris Duhon was brought in to be his backup. The Magic have been saying that Williams and Duhon are competing for the backup job, but after the way Williams played last season if he beats out Duhon the Magic have some bigger issues to deal with.
Williams should be back right around the time of the season opener, although he’ll have to play his way into game shape.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14