Sep 29, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
The Magic brought Jason Williams back to provide some extra depth at point guard, but he won’t be doing that for a while.
Williams is going to have arthroscopic left knee surgery tomorrow and will be out until right around the start of the season, Stan Van Gundy told the media today (as tweeted by Antonio Gonzalez of the Associated Press, via Orlando Pinstriped Post).
Not ideal, but not a huge loss. Jameer Nelson is the clear starter at point, Chris Duhon was brought in to be his backup. The Magic have been saying that Williams and Duhon are competing for the backup job, but after the way Williams played last season if he beats out Duhon the Magic have some bigger issues to deal with.
Williams should be back right around the time of the season opener, although he’ll have to play his way into game shape.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9