Sep 29, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
The Magic brought Jason Williams back to provide some extra depth at point guard, but he won’t be doing that for a while.
Williams is going to have arthroscopic left knee surgery tomorrow and will be out until right around the start of the season, Stan Van Gundy told the media today (as tweeted by Antonio Gonzalez of the Associated Press, via Orlando Pinstriped Post).
Not ideal, but not a huge loss. Jameer Nelson is the clear starter at point, Chris Duhon was brought in to be his backup. The Magic have been saying that Williams and Duhon are competing for the backup job, but after the way Williams played last season if he beats out Duhon the Magic have some bigger issues to deal with.
Williams should be back right around the time of the season opener, although he’ll have to play his way into game shape.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 0
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18