LeBron James, Dwyane Wade leading by example at Heat camp

Sep 29, 2010, 6:39 PM EST

Thumbnail image for d-wade-king-james.jpgLeBron James and Dwyane Wade have been “The Man” for years, wherever they have been. Their team. Their show. Lead by example not just words.

We don’t know much of what has gone on so far at Heat training camp, tucked as far away from the media spotlight and prying eyes as the Heat could pull off, but we do know this:

LeBron and Wade are the leaders of the Heat. Look what coach Erik Spoelstra told Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

“It always starts with the high-profile guys, as you would call them, the leaders of the team, and it trickles down from there,” coach Erik Spoelstra said. “If they see those guys sweating in practice, really working, quite naturally that’s the human condition, everybody else falls in line.”

LeBron just seems focused and intense, in interviews and from reports of what the media has seen at the end of practice.

“I’m just focused,” James said. “I understand how important this NBA season is for us as a franchise, for me as an individual. So I’m not wasting any time. I’m not going to waste my time or waste this franchise’s time and come in here and not get my work on.”

By the way, if you wonder why Bosh is not considered one of the leaders…

“Getting back in shape isn’t easy,” he said. “You can work out all you want during the summer, but when you play basketball and go through drills and constant movement, it’s different.

1. Skeeter - Sep 29, 2010 at 8:20 PM

WOW LeBron….I wish you would have been that focused in Cleveland.

2. Anonymous - Sep 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM

3. Lebron who?? - Sep 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

What I would really like to see at the Q the night of the Cavs-Heat game is 20,000 plus Cavs fans being absolutely dead silent when the Heat is introduced. I know that won’t happen but it would be interesting to see.

4. Slayher - Sep 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM

And You will still lose by more then 20 points loser.

5. Confused - Sep 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Why all the animosity from these LeBron haters! Wonder what your decision would be if you are suddenly offered a new job in a new city making more money with friends rather than back stabbers.
    But then again – this want happend to negative folks like yourself. lol

6. Anonymous - Sep 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM

You said:
    “right on skeeter!! lebron is still a scumbag ,liar ,cheat that karma is awaiting him ……dec 2 in cleveland we will show what cleveland thinks of him!!!”
    ————————————-
    You’ll show him what you think of him by booing him.
    …because your team certainly can’t handle him on the court.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches