Sep 28, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Nick Collison is not a guy that goes down easily, he has played at least 71 games each of the last four years. Last season he did it through a number of nagging injuries that might have kept other guys out.
But he is out indefinitely now and will miss at least some of camp with a bone bruise on his left knee, according to Oklahoman. He will be re-evaluated in the coming weeks.
This is a different knee than the one Collison had surgery on this summer.
The loss of Collison hurts the great depth the Thunder have across the front line — he have them a solid 20 minutes, six points and five rebounds a game last season off the bench. Nenad Krstic is also out right now after finger surgery, so the Thunder will be a little short handed at camp.
This could open the door for rookie Cole Aldrich to catch the coach’s eye, but he’s going to have to earn it. Otherwise it’s just more run fro Serge Ibaka, which frankly is not a bad thing.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7