Sep 28, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Nick Collison is not a guy that goes down easily, he has played at least 71 games each of the last four years. Last season he did it through a number of nagging injuries that might have kept other guys out.
But he is out indefinitely now and will miss at least some of camp with a bone bruise on his left knee, according to Oklahoman. He will be re-evaluated in the coming weeks.
This is a different knee than the one Collison had surgery on this summer.
The loss of Collison hurts the great depth the Thunder have across the front line — he have them a solid 20 minutes, six points and five rebounds a game last season off the bench. Nenad Krstic is also out right now after finger surgery, so the Thunder will be a little short handed at camp.
This could open the door for rookie Cole Aldrich to catch the coach’s eye, but he’s going to have to earn it. Otherwise it’s just more run fro Serge Ibaka, which frankly is not a bad thing.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 1
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 1
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 10
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13