Sep 28, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Nick Collison is not a guy that goes down easily, he has played at least 71 games each of the last four years. Last season he did it through a number of nagging injuries that might have kept other guys out.
But he is out indefinitely now and will miss at least some of camp with a bone bruise on his left knee, according to Oklahoman. He will be re-evaluated in the coming weeks.
This is a different knee than the one Collison had surgery on this summer.
The loss of Collison hurts the great depth the Thunder have across the front line — he have them a solid 20 minutes, six points and five rebounds a game last season off the bench. Nenad Krstic is also out right now after finger surgery, so the Thunder will be a little short handed at camp.
This could open the door for rookie Cole Aldrich to catch the coach’s eye, but he’s going to have to earn it. Otherwise it’s just more run fro Serge Ibaka, which frankly is not a bad thing.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7