Sep 28, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Nick Collison is not a guy that goes down easily, he has played at least 71 games each of the last four years. Last season he did it through a number of nagging injuries that might have kept other guys out.
But he is out indefinitely now and will miss at least some of camp with a bone bruise on his left knee, according to Oklahoman. He will be re-evaluated in the coming weeks.
This is a different knee than the one Collison had surgery on this summer.
The loss of Collison hurts the great depth the Thunder have across the front line — he have them a solid 20 minutes, six points and five rebounds a game last season off the bench. Nenad Krstic is also out right now after finger surgery, so the Thunder will be a little short handed at camp.
This could open the door for rookie Cole Aldrich to catch the coach’s eye, but he’s going to have to earn it. Otherwise it’s just more run fro Serge Ibaka, which frankly is not a bad thing.
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 0
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 56
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36