Sep 28, 2010, 5:31 PM EDT
Nick Collison is not a guy that goes down easily, he has played at least 71 games each of the last four years. Last season he did it through a number of nagging injuries that might have kept other guys out.
But he is out indefinitely now and will miss at least some of camp with a bone bruise on his left knee, according to Oklahoman. He will be re-evaluated in the coming weeks.
This is a different knee than the one Collison had surgery on this summer.
The loss of Collison hurts the great depth the Thunder have across the front line — he have them a solid 20 minutes, six points and five rebounds a game last season off the bench. Nenad Krstic is also out right now after finger surgery, so the Thunder will be a little short handed at camp.
This could open the door for rookie Cole Aldrich to catch the coach’s eye, but he’s going to have to earn it. Otherwise it’s just more run fro Serge Ibaka, which frankly is not a bad thing.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29