Sep 28, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony clearly is having second thoughts about taking his talents to New Jersey. Can’t imagine why. We just listened to Springsteen’s “Born To Run” and he made it sound like such a wonderful place.
Then there was the report from Sam Amick of FanHouse that Jason Kidd warned Melo about the perils of New Jersey… except Kidd has denied that. Vehemently. From Mike Fisher at DallasBasketball.com:
”That’s B.S.,” Kidd tells FOXSportsSouthwest.com and DallasBasketball.com. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t had any contact with ‘Melo on this situation or on anything else. I don’t even have his phone number or his email. Total (expletive).”
It did seem a little odd, because as much as there was tension and constant trade rumors (or so it seemed) when Kidd was in Jersey, those were also the best days that franchise had ever seen. The team was good, the building was pretty much full and had it not been for the Kobe/Shaq Lakers they would have a ring. It didn’t seem a bad place to play at the time. It didn’t feel like a place that rips the bones from your back. But then again, we weren’t there.
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 37
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 33