Sep 28, 2010, 3:58 PM EST
Carmelo Anthony clearly is having second thoughts about taking his talents to New Jersey. Can’t imagine why. We just listened to Springsteen’s “Born To Run” and he made it sound like such a wonderful place.
Then there was the report from Sam Amick of FanHouse that Jason Kidd warned Melo about the perils of New Jersey… except Kidd has denied that. Vehemently. From Mike Fisher at DallasBasketball.com:
”That’s B.S.,” Kidd tells FOXSportsSouthwest.com and DallasBasketball.com. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t had any contact with ‘Melo on this situation or on anything else. I don’t even have his phone number or his email. Total (expletive).”
It did seem a little odd, because as much as there was tension and constant trade rumors (or so it seemed) when Kidd was in Jersey, those were also the best days that franchise had ever seen. The team was good, the building was pretty much full and had it not been for the Kobe/Shaq Lakers they would have a ring. It didn’t seem a bad place to play at the time. It didn’t feel like a place that rips the bones from your back. But then again, we weren’t there.
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 1
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 17
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 9
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)