Sep 28, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony clearly is having second thoughts about taking his talents to New Jersey. Can’t imagine why. We just listened to Springsteen’s “Born To Run” and he made it sound like such a wonderful place.
Then there was the report from Sam Amick of FanHouse that Jason Kidd warned Melo about the perils of New Jersey… except Kidd has denied that. Vehemently. From Mike Fisher at DallasBasketball.com:
“That’s B.S.,” Kidd tells FOXSportsSouthwest.com and DallasBasketball.com. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t had any contact with ‘Melo on this situation or on anything else. I don’t even have his phone number or his email. Total (expletive).”
It did seem a little odd, because as much as there was tension and constant trade rumors (or so it seemed) when Kidd was in Jersey, those were also the best days that franchise had ever seen. The team was good, the building was pretty much full and had it not been for the Kobe/Shaq Lakers they would have a ring. It didn’t seem a bad place to play at the time. It didn’t feel like a place that rips the bones from your back. But then again, we weren’t there.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 23
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30