Sep 28, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
While everyone was looking at Andrew Boguts’ elbow, another Bucks injury slipped under the radar.
Corey Maggette, who is counted on to be the scoring punch off the bench for Milwaukee (if not the starting small forward) underwent ankle surgery in July and may miss the entire preseason recovering, according to the Journal Times.
“I can do some things but not of the caliber I’m used to,” Maggette said during the team’s media day at the Cousins Center. “It’s going to be a slow process.”
Asked if he would play in any of the team’s eight preseason games, Maggette said, “probably not.”
Maggette had torn peroneal tendons, which are the tendons, which run along your ankle bone and prevent your ankle from turning inside too far. They help stabilize the ankle. So you want them in good working order when playing basketball. Or walking.
This likely means Carlos Delfino is the starting three for the Bucks, and Maggette may or may not be his backup opening night. But he should be backing him up not long after that.
The Bucks need Maggette — they were dead last in the league in the ratio of free throws to field goals. Meaning they didn’t draw a lot of fouls driving the lane. That is what Maggette specializes in. He averaged nearly 20 points a game last season and the Bucks could use the points and the trips to the charity stripe.
They just have to wait a little longer to get them than thought.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61