Sep 28, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
While everyone was looking at Andrew Boguts’ elbow, another Bucks injury slipped under the radar.
Corey Maggette, who is counted on to be the scoring punch off the bench for Milwaukee (if not the starting small forward) underwent ankle surgery in July and may miss the entire preseason recovering, according to the Journal Times.
“I can do some things but not of the caliber I’m used to,” Maggette said during the team’s media day at the Cousins Center. “It’s going to be a slow process.”
Asked if he would play in any of the team’s eight preseason games, Maggette said, “probably not.”
Maggette had torn peroneal tendons, which are the tendons, which run along your ankle bone and prevent your ankle from turning inside too far. They help stabilize the ankle. So you want them in good working order when playing basketball. Or walking.
This likely means Carlos Delfino is the starting three for the Bucks, and Maggette may or may not be his backup opening night. But he should be backing him up not long after that.
The Bucks need Maggette — they were dead last in the league in the ratio of free throws to field goals. Meaning they didn’t draw a lot of fouls driving the lane. That is what Maggette specializes in. He averaged nearly 20 points a game last season and the Bucks could use the points and the trips to the charity stripe.
They just have to wait a little longer to get them than thought.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16